Author Topic: ZSoft Uninstaller v2.5 *BETA* (aka 'please help test the new release')  (Read 89947 times)

fred

Hi,

http://www.zsoft.dk/downloads/Beta.rar

only contains lang>chinese.

Uninstaller.exe is missing

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
No it doesn't :P
Try cleaning your browser cache and download again...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
'ANSI_CHARSET' => 'DEFAULT_CHARSET' in newest beta...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Polish traslation thanks to Piotr Dygdalowicz and automatic backup of installation-logs to 'LogBackups' folder in new beta.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
New beta saves state of check-boxes i the 'uninstall analyzed installation' window, defaults on 'no' for a couple of extra things and fixes a 'not-important' bug...

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
If I add a path'directoryname in search windows, the finder thinks that it's a registry entry (value).

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Yes... it searches the registry... if you have a path to add you could just as well delete it yourself (you already found it yourself)...

Right?

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
Understood.

Like it also finds Start menu items, I think it does that by default - unlike e.g. SendTo menu.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Well, yeah, start-menu too... I'll add the SendTo menu :)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
New beta uploaded...

Btw, what information do you guys want on the left when a program is selected? I added the name of the program, the publisher and the version... Want anything else?

Also, I've done some work on the 'after-uninstall-scanner' thing (now called 'Post Uninstall') and it now replaces the 'directory not gone' feature... (Post Uninstall still isn't complete though, i.e. it doesn't let you delete stuff from within the program yet). It saves data from every uninstall though, so you can go back and do a Post Uninstall later on, once the feature is complete (or you can stick with the previous beta or current non-beta).

Feedback appreciated :)

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
Info tab:

It seems to me that it will a good idea to have there the Install Folder linked. The user could open the folder easily.

When is selected Analyze/Hiden tabs (or a app. inside it), the previous selected app. in Program tab is recorded in info tab. It will be better if when such tabs are selected the info tab is changed for the default view.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Yes... I'll update that in the next release :)

user4

This post is mainly intended to thank you for this great program.
But just to justify posting at all, I'll throw some suggestions around.  ;D

There is one thing that is a bit "problematic". Sometimes it is not possible to delete all recorded items, no matter how often you try. This could simply be because something unrelated (from another program) changed. In other words, it could be irrelevant. But there is no way of knowing that.

Would it be possible, within the way the way the program works (without having to modify it heavily), to update the log by removing items that were successfully deleted from it in case uninstalling was incomplete?

And, of course, thank you for this wonderful and useful program.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Well, this problem is already being addressed, actually... (at least I think so ;))

When you uninstall an analyzed application, and something can't be removed it is added to a 'try to delete' list, and the file(s) and/or registry entry/entries will then be deleted the next time you open ZSoft Uninstaller (ZU) (or rather ZU will try again -- it still may not be successful) - and it will keep trying every time you open the application until it succeeds...

You can see this 'internal list' by browsing to the ZU installation folder and opening 'trydelete.dat' (as far as I remember) in notepad (or something similar).

If I misunderstood you please ask again =)

Offline soyabeaner

• View Profile
I think you slightly misunderstood.  What user4 meant (I have the same thinking style) was for the items that have successfully been removed, why not remove them from the log as well (or provide an option to prompt whether the user wants to)?  Why the inefficient method of attempting to uninstall by the entire log again and again when it could easily be shrukened and updated?