Author Topic: Several Features seem to be missing  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Callaginn

• View Profile
Several Features seem to be missing
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:07:28 pm »
Featureset that Zsoft Needs
I've used Zsoft for a while, and absolutely love it.  However, there are several features that it seems to be lacking.

1. Needs a better GUI.  Some people base the use of the program on the gui.  (Maybe make it skinnable, like many other apps)  New icons are needed at the top of the screen.  Notice that when you scroll over the icons, a stairstepping effect appears around the edges.
2. Make it possible to select several items to be uninstalled at once.  Note: they won't actually uninstall at the same time - the program will simply cycle through a list of items to be uninstalled.  I believe QuikUninstall has this feature.
3. Allow programs to be sorted by name, size, and publisher.  Include this categories at the top of the list box.
4. More advanced filtering system.  Maybe something like the filters in Outlook (If name includes _______ OR If publisher is _______.)  Then, allow it to either show or hide programs based on this filtering system.  P.S.  I have nearly seventy programs - they're pretty hard to sort.
5. Another GUI element.  Allow icons to be shown instead of checkmarks.

P.S. If you need me to be more specific about any of these, please email me.

Regards,
Callaginn

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Re: Several Features seem to be missing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 09:13:46 pm »
1. Not talking about skins - how do you define a "better GUI"?
2. Added to my todo list
3. I am generally against this as it will slow the program down, it might not be helpful, it kind of adds clutter and the values (e.g. author) might not be in the registry...
4. (don't really know what to think of this...)
5. Also generally against the icons thingy as it will also slow things down... might be added at some time as an option...

Kot

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 11:43:58 pm »
It would be nice to have option to delete files to Recycle Bin. Sometimes double check needed ;)

Thank you!

Offline Callaginn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 04:58:02 pm »
Admin,
What I mean by a better gui is...
a) new icons in toolbar.  current ones have stairstepping around edges and are not xp style.
b) simplify menus.  Maybe add tools menu and use Functions, Filters, Settings, and Language as subcategories.
c) make text of INFO box more professional.  Some people (even me at times) judge a program by how professional it looks and how easy it is to use.

What I mean by a filtering system...
a) I notice you have I filtering system for showing items - such as showing items that contain term "Macromedia".  But, there is no option for simply hiding items - such as hiding all programs that contain term "Microsoft".
b) Also, it would be useful if the program would automatically filter into subcategories on main screen.
     Example:
Adobe Category
Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Illustrator

Macromedia Category
Fireworks MX
Dreamweaver MX...

I really believe that the programs should be able to be sorted by author, date, etc.  If the values are not there - maybe allow them to be added (and make sure they can be exported along with program list).  Also, if author value is blank (and has not been added by user), then simply send it to the bottom.

Thanks,
Callaginn

reseacher

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 10:37:11 am »
I think, that backups better doing in the arhive as winrar or cab or something else. :)

reseacher

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 10:43:14 am »
And colored new installed program another color.