Author Topic: ZSoft Uninstaller v2.5 *BETA* (aka 'please help test the new release')  (Read 90039 times)

B.

Build 80 uploaded... If you create a file called 'settings.ini' it will go into portable mode, and load&save all it's settings to/from that file... (You will need to cleanup the registry (if you already use the non-portable version) yourself though... (delete 'HKLM\Software\ZSoft'))

Excellent!  

It must have been a lot of work modifying the program. Thank you very much for making it portable.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Build 81 uploaded...

Brahman -> Thanks! Should be fixed now :)
B. -> You're welcome :)

Offline greyowl

• View Profile
I uninstall several apps with the new 2.5 beta.  The uninstall went ok but the items were not removed from Add/Remove Programs.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Well, the removal from the add/remove applet (as well as the main zsoft uninstaller (ZU) screen) should (as always) be carried out by the actual uninstaller (i.e. the program you run when choosing uninstall from either ZU or the applet).

If it isn't gone, the Post Uninstall feature in ZU should be able to remove it (and other leftovers), and you can also choose to right-click on the item and select 'Delete'.

The normal uninstall-executing-routine hasn't changed from v2.4.x to v2.5.

Offline greyowl

• View Profile
Well, the removal from the add/remove applet (as well as the main zsoft uninstaller (ZU) screen) should (as always) be carried out by the actual uninstaller (i.e. the program you run when choosing uninstall from either ZU or the applet).

If it isn't gone, the Post Uninstall feature in ZU should be able to remove it (and other leftovers), and you can also choose to right-click on the item and select 'Delete'.

The normal uninstall-executing-routine hasn't changed from v2.4.x to v2.5.

The program was removed from the ZU list of installed programs, however, the program remained in the Windows "Add or Remove Programs" list.  I clicked on the program there and it said the program was inaccessible and did I want to remove it from the list, so I got it removed that way.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
That's very weired... Maybe the applet hadn't updated..?

Offline Brahman

• View Profile
Thank you for the update. Working fine now.  :)

May I make two suggestions:

1.) Select all/deselect all buttons would be nice in Post Uninstall Scanner.

2.) Tooltips for long paths and values in Post Uninstall Scanner, so that one can better see what one is deleting, if the path/value is extremely long.

Regards,

Brahman

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Actually select all and deselect all is build in as a hidden feature (holding ctrl and shift and typing A L L selects all, and typing N O N E deselects all)

I prefer it as a hidden feature, as one should generally review what one is about to remove ;)

Offline Brahman

• View Profile
OK, sounds very thoughtful, and thank you for sharing hidden feature.

It would also be good if "Post Uninstall Manager" would remove item after post uninstall process has been finished, or option at end of wizard to remove it from manager.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Except for an updated help file, a few lines in the language files, and the ability to remove stuff from the post uninstall manager, does ZSoft Uninstaller v2.5 miss anything else before I can release it as a none-beta (or at least as a RC)..?

Offline Brahman

• View Profile
Re: ZSoft Uninstaller v2.5 *BETA* (aka 'please help test the new release')
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2009, 04:02:54 pm »
I think Tooltips for long paths and values in Post Uninstall Scanner, so that one can better see what one is deleting, if the path/value is extremely long, would be important for the user to make correct decisions what should be removed.

On very long paths even full screen and changing column widths does not reveal the entire value.

Regards,

Brahman

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2009, 07:37:16 pm »
1. Help tooltip info (post uninstall) to: a. deleted items are sent to recycle bin and deleted registry items can be recovered in Functions > Registry Backups. b. Select/deselect all items with ctrl+shift+A L L/N O N E.
2. Shared DLL not handled in v. 2.5 yet?

Offline greyowl

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2009, 02:17:14 am »
I am wondering when v. 2.5 is going to be non-beta.
Thanks

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2009, 04:27:41 pm »
Can't say, really... Once I get time to fix what's mentioned above I guess :/

Offline greyowl

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2009, 11:05:36 pm »
Actually select all and deselect all is build in as a hidden feature (holding ctrl and shift and typing A L L selects all, and typing N O N E deselects all)

I prefer it as a hidden feature, as one should generally review what one is about to remove ;)

I am having some problems with this feature.  When I hold down ctrl and shift and type ALL, nothing happens.  I keep trying and trying, then it finally works after a dozen or so attempts.  I think that I am doing it correctly.  Is anyone else having problems with this?  Are there any tips on how to do it so that it works right off?
Thanks