Author Topic: right click action  (Read 5459 times)

U2_Neat

right click action
« on: April 27, 2007, 11:37:34 pm »
Hello.
I recently discovered this software, while searching for an alternative for Total Uninstall.
ZSoft Uninstaller is a great piece of software, and it works the way it should be, without any monitoring, or background processes. The two things I would love to see implemented, are:

a) there should be an option to start the Analyzing by right clicking on the Setup files, so it starts the Analyze process first, and then launches the Install...
b) a good idea would also be to have the program suggest some names for each installation it analyzes (e.g. suggest "foobar2000_0.9.4.3" if I start the installation of foobar2000_0.9.4.3.exe, etc)

Keep Up the Great Work! :)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Re: right click action
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 03:28:57 pm »
That might work :)

I'll see what I can do (won't promise that it will be included in the next release though ;))

Ian

Re: Ill second that !
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 02:52:21 pm »
Ill second that ! I can say from experience that Zsoft uninstaller is a magnificent piece of software but monitoring of a new installation is a rather clunkey affair. A right click context option would go a long way to amending this without adding much bulk.

What ever the case thanks for this most excellent software.

Regards

Ian K.

NiteShdw

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 09:55:08 pm »
I was also going to suggest an improved interface for analyzing installations.

So far, this is the only free program I've found that will actually record what happens during an installation so it can be completely uninstalled later.

Suggestion 1: Easier installation monitoring.  When you click Analyze, you could have an option to select the installation program.  When you click Next, Uninstaller would automatically start the Before Install analyze, then run the installation program, and run the After Install when the setup program has closed (or make it a prompt, so that reboot installs can still work)

Suggestion 2: Better uninstall of analyzed installs.  The uninstall screen should show a listview with checkboxes for each of the analyzed items.  This way, the user could confirm deletion of each file/registry with checkboxes instead of with messagebox prompts.  Quick buttons like "(Un)Select all" "(Un)Select all files" "(Un)Select all registry entries" would be nice as well.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 06:11:43 pm »
About suggestion 1: I'm against this. a) I fail to see how this is easier to use. b) it makes it seem like it will just record what the program does, and not everything else you do, which is not the case. I wouldn't want a lot of emails saying 'where are my word file that I saved while analyzing' ;).

About suggestion 2: Couldn't one just edit the log file before uninstalling the program? Anyway, it's not a bad idea... I'll add it to my (ever-growing) todo-list ::)