General > General Support

uninstall requiring reboot

(1/1)

Montgomery Minds:
I like ZSoft Uninstaller better than Revo Uninstaller because i get to see and edit the strings before the search begins.  I like the "Only return Whole-Word-Style matches" checkbox.  Then i know what i'm getting when i uncheck that.

So, I had a question so I asked ZSoft Guru in email:

--- Quote ---I am set to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection.  It's a beast, from what i read.  I would like to use zsoft uninstaller to help.  But undoubtedly, SEP will require a reboot before it finishes uninstallation.  How will zsoft uninstaller handle this reboot?

In the same vein, it would be nice if zsoft uninstaller could:

1. save the list of strings it has decided to search for.

2. at an arbitrary time, read in a list of strings, or have the user type a list of strings, and do the same search it does after an uninstall.

I note that if it had those 2 features, even if zsoft uninstaller itself did not handle the reboot in the uninstaller for the program i am uninstalling, i could do it myself manually, by saving the list before the reboot, rebooting, then reading in the list after the reboot, and letting zsoft uninstaller search.

Thanks for your time!
--- End quote ---

And ZSoft Guru hath replied thusly:

--- Quote ---I presume you're talking about the Post Uninstall scanning?
If that's the case, the list of search-items that is automatically filled out is already saved.
Go to "Functions -> Post uninstall manager" for a list of all the programs you have uninstalled, navigate to the program you want, double-click it, and the post-uninstall window will pop up.

I hope this helps :)

- ZSoft Software
--- End quote ---

That DOES help.  A lot!

And then i thot, well i should have posted that in the forum so that everybody can benefit.

So i am posting this follow-up question here:

When does ZSoft Uninstaller capture the strings?  Before or after the built-in uninstaller runs?  Because the built-in uninstaller will ask to reboot.  So if the answer is "after" the reboot will have ended ZSoft Uninstaller's execution.

Admin:
The strings are captured as the first thing...

So it goes like this:
1) You click "Uninstall"
2) ZU captures the strings and saves them to a file
3) ZU Launches the uninstall-process
4) The uninstall-process does its thing
5) When ZU "sense" that the uninstall-process has finished the small box in the bottom of the screen will appear --- but as the file was saved as the first thing you should be able to find it in the post uninstall manager any time after step 2...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version