General > General Support

Windows restarts during installation...

(1/3) > >>

guysml:
I am sure you are aware that many programs need Windows to be restarted in order to complete the installation.

In such a case, what is the best way to use uninstaller program?

Is there a way to analyze before install, and again after install AND restart?

Please excuse me if this question has been answered elsewhere in the forums.  I did a brief search but did not find info on this topic.

Thanks for any and all advice,

Guy.

Admin:
I don't think it has been answered in the forum anywhere (better make this a sticky) - I have been asked about it in a couple of emails though so I'll just copy past my answer from one of them (hope you don't mind):

When analyzing something with ZSoft Uninstaller you do it in two parts: Before and after the installation. When you have done the first scan you can click cancel, close the program, reboot your computer etc., and come back to finish the installation by selecting "Finish an analysis that has already been started" from the "Analyze Installation" window.

Guy Smilie:
Ahhhhh. Thanks for the reply.  Good to know that the program can do this.  In the case of such installations (where restart is required), is it usually necessary to do the second part of the analysis after the reboot?  Are changes normally made upon reboot that would not have been recorded if analysis was completed before reboot.

Also this made me think of another issue.  In the case of a program that gets updates, can you make a new "after installation" image to record any changes and discard the old "after install" analysis?

Thanks again for any help,

Guy.

Admin:
I'm sorry, but I can't answer whether changes are normally made upon reboot or not...

About the update 'issue'... When the "after installation" image is made, the "before" and "after" is compared - the difference is then saved, and the original before and after image is deleted. If you want to record an update you will have to do it as if you installed another application: "Before image" before the update and "After image" after the update (and then saving it as something like 'Program name update x')...

dkcreatto:

--- Quote from: Admin on February 10, 2007, 11:34:49 pm ---.....About the update 'issue'... When the "after installation" image is made, the "before" and "after" is compared - the difference is then saved, and the original before and after image is deleted. If you want to record an update you will have to do it as if you installed another application: "Before image" before the update and "After image" after the update (and then saving it as something like 'Program name update x')...

--- End quote ---

It might be added as a feature request here..

what you think????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version