Author Topic: New version 2.5 Beta Thread  (Read 17524 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
New version 2.5 Beta Thread
« on: July 09, 2010, 01:41:08 pm »
Hi there,

The old thread has become a bit long (and stretches over quite a bit of time)... I've been very busy lately, but should have some time to work on the software now...

Can anyone tell me where I left off, i.e. what do I need to fix before releasing version 2.5?

The only thing I remember is the updated documentation...

There's been some other good ideas, but I think it will be best to wait with them until the version after v2.5...

Thank you.

Offline greyowl

• View Profile
Re: New version 2.5 Beta Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 06:32:25 pm »
Good to hear from you again.

There is an issue with the new feature that lists the items to remove after the search for leftovers.  It is difficult to read the items since they don't wrap.  It is necessary to kept moving the bar at the bottom and the column sizers in order to eventually see the entire line.  It would be nice to have some improvements on this.
Thanks,
John

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 03:14:55 pm »
Build 90 uploaded (http://www.zsoft.dk/downloads/Beta.rar)

There should now be "hints" that displays the full content of the line...

Offline greyowl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 08:41:18 pm »
I am not familiar with the term "hints"--is this when you hover over a shortened line and then the whole line appears in a box?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 11:39:36 am »
Yes... Usually in the form of a yellow-tinted box (although that is up to the individual Windows settings)

Offline greyowl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 03:00:22 pm »
Great--it works well
Thanks

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 06:15:29 pm »
Build 92 uploaded...

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »
Questions:

1- Can you clarify what is Badware Finder? Badware Searcher search for badware; when I click in Badware Finder I have an empty windows!
2- Noticed that "Only return Whole-Word-Style matches" is sometimes grayed. Mainly after I select Tools>Badware>Badware Searcher, and I'm going to Functions>Post Uninstall Manager and select a program, the "Only return ... " is grayed.

Suggestions:

A- A right click option to Remove items in Post Uninstaller Manager window; same in Registry Backups window.
B- An "In-program help" icon in "Post Uninstall Scanner" with info like "Deleted files will be sent to Recycle Bin" and "A Backup (in Functions>Registry Backups) will be created for deleted registry items.

BTW, the post uninstall feature seems to be trusty.   ;)

Offline greyowl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 08:59:35 pm »
Build 92 uploaded...

Where do I find Build 92?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 09:00:57 pm »
Majomo:

1) Badware finder / badware searcher
The Badware searcher searches for 'badware', i.e. stuff that matches anything on the list you are presented with.
The Badware finder has predefined stuff to look for (currently files I have identified belonging to 'Zango' and 'PC MightyMax')...  What it looks for is specified in the four files 'badwareFiles.dat', 'badwareFolders.dat', 'badwareKeys.dat' and 'badwareValues.dat'.
The syntax (where one for instance can actually use '<PROGRAM_FILES>' instead of (something like) 'C:\Program Files') is probably also going to be used in a (future) 'share analysis' function, where an analyzed installation can be exported to this format, and one can then find stuff associated with the installed program in the same manner as the 'badware finder'... That's another story though ;)

2) It should *only* be grayed by going to Badware Searcher... That it is then grayed forever after is a bug... I'll fix that :)

A) Good idea.
B) Good idea.

BTW) What do you mean?

greyowl: Same URL as before...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 09:40:19 pm »
Build 94 uploaded with 2) fixed, A) added and B) added

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 04:30:24 pm »
1- I understood well the Badware finder issue now. Thanks a lot for your clarification.

2- Confirmed (grayed issue) that is fixed...

A- Right click option - it works well in in 'Registry Backups' window. However there aren't in 'Post Uninstaller Manager' window the right click delete menu yet!   :-X

B- The "In-program help" icon in "Post Uninstall Scanner" is good and useful for the users indeed.  ;)

BTW, I wanted to mean that the post uninstall feature is working well without false positives, very reliable. Congratulations for the hard work. (It seems to me that the MSI based installers need a special approach for leftovers searcher, since their installer structure is a bit of a mess; It isn't a pressing question when the version 2.5 is in releasing status though).

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 12:12:09 pm »
Build 95 uploaded...

Now also present in Post Uninstaller Manager...
And much better handling of 'the uninstall-process has now finished'...

Hmm... About the msi thing... any ideas?  (Seems to me that it's working fine, though?)

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 09:36:55 pm »
Yeah working well the right click in post uninstall manager.

msi thing about: it is working very reliable without false positive, no problems at all. It seems that to uninstall msi installers an kind of algoritm is used by others unistallers app., to enlarge the results with msi installers; but it isn't a crucial issue at all.

ZSoft is working very well with the newest features definitely - a very good work!

;)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 06:09:33 pm »
Build 96 uploaded... And with no one really saying anything else, I guess I'll call this release candidate #1 :)