Author Topic: ZSoft Uninstaller v2.4 RC1  (Read 8743 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
ZSoft Uninstaller v2.4 RC1
« on: August 12, 2007, 11:47:13 am »
(Please note that this is more or less just what was called 2.3.5.64)

Well, I can't keep it in beta forever :)
I've decided that it was time for a feature-freeze, so here's a release candidate of what's going to be released as v2.4.
Hopefully there won't be any more bugs in it (it has been in beta for quite some time), so that this RC1 can actually become the final release, but as always, please test test test, and report back in case of any problems :)

For those who hasn't been using the beta version, here's a not very detailed changelog:
  • It is now possible to get the list shown as icons (Settings -> Show Icons -> Any of the two) (It takes a little longer the first time, but the icons are cached so it should be (almost) as fast the second time)
  • It is now possible to sort the list after name and time (both ascending and descending)
  • You can now edit an analyzed logfile (remove things from the logfile) (Rightclick -> Edit -> Browse to what you want to remove -> Press <Delete> on keyboard -> Close window and answer 'yes' when asked if you want to save)
  • New graphics thanks to "majalidic"
  • You can now browse for places in the registry to ignore (Ignorer filter)
  • Can now delete files to Recycle Bin (uninstalling an analyzed installation & TMP File Finder)
  • "Analyzed Uninstall Report" now more detailed
  • Updated Hungarian translation, thanks to DWz
  • Updated Italian translation, thanks to Giacomo Margarito
  • Updated Valencian translation, thanks to Vicente Adam
  • Updated Portuguese translation, thanks to Rui Morais
  • Updated Russian translation, thanks to Alexander Shikin
  • Alot of various fixes and updates

To get a better idea of whats new you can read through this long thread.

As it is a feature-freezed version (can you actually say that?) this would be a good time for translators to update their translations so it can be complete in the final release. No pressure of course ;).

This release has really been a collaborate effort, and is therefor dedicated to all those who have helped make this release the best it could be. You know who you are.

Download from here: http://www.zsoft.dk/downloads/RC1.rar

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
Re: ZSoft Uninstaller v2.4 RC1
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 05:19:33 pm »
"Edit Analysed Log" windows:

How the user know which can to do to edit? The user ask himself: how can I write, copy, rename, add, delete?

A right click menu with "Delete        Del" would be welcomed.

8)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 06:52:43 pm »
Yeah, your probably right.

Offline JeRrYFaR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 10:06:13 pm »
I am actually going through and uninstalling several programs from my machine and I had a thought:

Would it be possible to add an option to right-click or something that would open the executable of the program you're removing?  I'm asking, because sometimes you read these names and you're thinking "What is that?  Why did I install that?", etc.  This way you could see what it was via the program and you wouldn't have to track it down.

Just a thought..

-Dave

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 10:25:23 pm »
Well, that would be cool, but I don't think it's as easy as it sounds... It could scan the install dir for exe files, but there will probably be a lot, and which one should be chosen? Alternatively it could scan the startmenu (probably a better option), but still there could (and most likely would be) several matches...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 07:03:02 pm »
Hmm, no other comments / complains? If that's the case I'll probably release the final version tomorrow...