Author Topic: Please help test the new release  (Read 108457 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Re: Please help test the new release
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2007, 08:53:26 pm »
hehe, well I haven't really thought in those terms... who knows :P

Naah, basically I just have a lot of other stuff going on right now, that's why the betas are 'far between' :)

Offline JeRrYFaR

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2007, 09:41:18 pm »
You mean you have a life outside of making us happy?!  :o  What could you possibly be thinking?!  ::)

I'm messing with ya. :)  I know you'll get it out when you can.  I am anxiously awaiting the final product as ZSoft Uninstaller is definitely one of my favorite programs.

-Dave

Offline soyabeaner

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2007, 04:17:39 am »
I was also anxious to wait for the final, but these betas are stable enough .

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2007, 12:03:43 pm »
Out of curiosity, what do you guys expect from the final release? ::)

Offline soyabeaner

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2007, 03:21:56 pm »
Your word of approval ;D.  Not really a concern, but more of an uncertainty: other than binary registry keys, does ZU miss out on any other key and/or file changes?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2007, 04:25:28 pm »
Binary registry keys have been registered for quite some time (since 2.3)... The only thing that is not registered is changes in files... And I don't think that's ever coming...

Offline soyabeaner

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2007, 06:33:37 pm »
Oh.  That's a nice :o :).  Changes in files?  I don't think I need that; just the ability to detect file creation/deletion is suffcient.

Offline JeRrYFaR

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2007, 12:51:12 am »
Out of curiosity, what do you guys expect from the final release? ::)

For you to say "After much testing.. blah blah blah, here is the final version".  I agree that the latest build is extremely stable, so I'm happy w/ it as is.  Of course you're the programmer, but I'd say you could pass this one off as a final product.  I mean, you've made several changes to it since it's inception.

-Dave

Sumer

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2007, 03:06:47 pm »
Hello
Thanks very much for this great program. It is really the better than I tried.
Would it be possible to add this 4 features:
-In Tab Installed programs : a column with the Install date and Time and an other with Modified date and Time
-In Tab Installed programs :It would be nice to have a option marking as old manually the new links, and not in automatic mode.
-In TMP File searcher : a right-click item to the submenu with <<Ignore this file>>. It would be usefull for any file that is in the list but not to delete (ie:  bookmarks.bak (for firefox),wpa.bak,drmvXkey.bak(Windows MediaPlayer saved licences),edb.chk (on Xp SP2 in windir/system32/catRoot2)..... )
-In TMP File searcher : Add the number of files and the total size.
It is not a bug, but I think it is safer to allow only one instance for Uninstaller.exe.
--SUMER

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2007, 07:18:56 pm »
I am hoping to add a 'order by install time' soon (which may or may not actually be the 'last modification' time instead...)
Currently the tmp-file-finder doesn't have an ignore-list, but that is on my todo list. Then being able to right-click and say 'not this' would be great. Added to the list ;).
A 'summary' in the tmp-file-finder isn't a bad idea. Added to the list.

The manual 'mark as old' thing... I'll add it to my list, but I can't promise when it'll be done...

The 'only one instance allowed'... Probably right, but I'm not quite sure how to do that... But we'll see :)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2007, 04:12:22 pm »
If I hide a program I can't show it again. I haven't a right click to turn back.
Only if I delete it from the hidden file.
It should be a agreeable manner to the user that wants to change their decision...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2007, 05:44:13 pm »
Build 56 uploaded.

Offline JeRrYFaR

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2007, 07:35:16 pm »
Thanks.. lookin' good..  ;D

I didn't hide things anyway, but I like the idea that I can now un-hide if needed..

WithTLC

Uninstaller
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2007, 03:00:11 pm »
I've been using the product for a while now and I love it.  It displays the list of installed programs significantly faster than anything else I've tried to date and, from everything I've seen thusfar, does a better job of getting rid of the programs you no longer want.  Great work.

One item of interest.  I downloaded and installed a program called "Streamripper".  It shows up in the program listing, but not in the list of available programs to uninstall.  Is a feature to find the program and uninstall it plausible?   I realize that without the install log, it's not an easy task to determine files and registry entries.

Thanks....again, great program.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Re: Uninstaller
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2007, 09:13:35 pm »
from everything I've seen thusfar, does a better job of getting rid of the programs you no longer want.
Not unless you have analyzed the installation.
If you just use is as an alternative front-end to the add/remove applet (i.e. using the "Installed Programs"-tab) ZU just launches the programs own uninstall routine and thus does not do a better job than had you clicked 'uninstall' anywhere else.
(Okay, actually not entirely true as ZU tries to figure out where the program was installed and checks to see if that folder have been removed after the uninstall-routine should be finished, and if not, asks the user if (s)he wants to remove it, but that's it).

I downloaded and installed a program called "Streamripper".  It shows up in the program listing, but not in the list of available programs to uninstall.  Is a feature to find the program and uninstall it plausible?
In what program listing?
Anyway, if it is not in the "Installed Programs" list, and you haven't analyzed it there's not much you can do other that find the program, delete its files and then try locating and removing its items in the registry. Manually. (Don't mess with the registry unless you know what your doing though!)
(Oh, and btw, when you locate the program files (e.g. the installation dir) check the folder out and see if there are any uninstall-routine present - it may just have forgotten to add itself to the correct part of the registry)

A feature that does this for you is (to some extend) plausible, but it will never do as good a job as if you had analyzed the installation...