Author Topic: ZSoft Uninstaller v2.5 *BETA* (aka 'please help test the new release')  (Read 91925 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
New build uploaded...

New stuff:
- The Post Uninstall Scanner now shows a progressbar (if it has data for it... i.e. you won't see the progress-bar the first time, but after that, you will).
- New 'Post Uninstall Scanner registry searching engine' (what a name :D) (in a quick speed comparison, the scanner is now ~twice as fast... won't guarantee it though ;))

Please let me know if you have any problems. Pretty please :)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
New build uploaded...

New stuff:
- The Post Uninstall Scanner now also searches for folders in the 'Application Data' folder (and 'Local Settings\Application Data). (It searches the 'main folder' and goes one (and only one) folder down.*)
- A few in-program-help bulbs with hints has finally been added (thanks to Rui Morais for the idea and some of the hint-texts, and majalidic for the bulb-icon)

* So, if you have a folder structure like this: 'Application Data\Whatever\Hi\There', it will get 'Whatever', go one down and get 'Hi', but not go any further. Hope you understand.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
New build uploaded...

New stuff;
- Functions -> Registry Backups (just a front end for the dirs 'PostUninstallRegBackup' and 'Deletes' though... When double clicking the *.reg file is launched)
- Right-clicking and choosing Delete (in main window) now creates a backup (undo from 'Registry Backups' --- see above) (in Installed Programs and Hidden Programs tab... when deleting from the Analyzed Programs tab the file is (now) deleted to the recycle bin)
- When you in the Post Uninstaller tries to delete a folder, you will be asked to re-confirm if the folder contains a lot of data (> 50 mb, or > 750 files) (this should provide additional security)

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
Uff... When I'm trying a beta, comes another...  >:D

One thing is the same in all beta: in post uninstall'progressbar is "Plese Wait" instead of "Please Wait".

So I wait...

;D

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
It'll be fixed in the next upload ;)

Other than that, how is it working out for you?

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
Until now it seems that hasn't annoyances. I'm trying uninstall some app. with good performance - post uninstall feature. To test it I'm using Returnil - great tool!

The bigger point to me is to handle with it to see if it is easy-to-use for a common user. This is crucial, I think.

A very good and great work - the users will appreciate it.

:)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
New build uploaded...

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
Re: ZSoft Uninstaller v2.5 *BETA* (aka 'please help test the new release')
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2008, 11:32:12 pm »
I noticed that if a file is locked (e.g. the app.'uninstaller needs to reboot to delete the file) Post Uninstall doesn't handle with that (item stay listed even if checked to deletion). To add it inside "trydelete" perhaps?

Far better post unistall within ZSoft'interface than popup windows (like before).  ::)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2008, 06:58:03 pm »
Hmm... Maybe the user should be asked if (s)he wants the file/folder added to the trydelete thingy when the file/folder is locked... I'll add it to my todo list...

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 07:23:41 pm »
It seems to me that the tooltips are too quick to read (at least in english...). To delay it a bit more seconds ?

:-X

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2008, 07:36:31 pm »
Sure, I'll double the time in the next release... (Until then I guess you will have to click on the bulb then ;) :P)

taxaza

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 09:12:19 am »
Any news about 2.5?
Is it coming out of Beta?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 09:49:36 pm »
At some point, sure... But I'm really really busy with other things right now, so I haven't worked on it in a while... hopefully I'll get some time soon though.

Offline greyowl

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2009, 04:39:42 am »
I sure appreciate the time you are taking to create a good app.

kuldeep singh

I sure appreciate the time you are taking to create a good app.