Author Topic: How can I extract the "Show recorded info" into a RegEdit friendly file?  (Read 3941 times)

manilabynight

I am trying to figure out an easier way to "export" the data from "Show Recorded Info" directly into a .reg file instead of having to cut and paste and then have to tediously edit the info manually. I am only interested with the Registry key entries. Can anyone help me out on this?

I am building custom-tailored installs where I can just drag and drop program and file folders and then import the registry keys created into another identical computer. This is helpful for computers in my network where the system is cloned from a master hard disk and then I just add selected software as needed. I do not want to go through the whole install process and I find the msi method of microsoft very complicated.

ManilaByNight

Or maybe a way to "export" the "Show recorded info" list into a normal Regedit .reg file?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
It can't be done... yet.
I've promised (though mail) that I would make a export to reg file sometime... If your lucky it'll be done for the v2.5 release :)

ManilaByNight

Thank you. I'm so excited already!  ;)

This would be a great help for me in assisting me in the deployment of software through our network. Imagine that I could be able to deploy via simple drag and drop the necessary components of a particular software into their respective folder locations and then by using regedit to remotely import the necessary registry files to activate the application and make it run! I could make simple batch files to automate this process on multiple computers from my station. Not having to deal with the complicated and confusing msi packager of windows and being able to deploy software in the background even if it is in use!

More power to you.

It can't be done... yet.
I've promised (though mail) that I would make a export to reg file sometime... If your lucky it'll be done for the v2.5 release :)