Author Topic: Something I heard on a forum...  (Read 4890 times)

Seb

Something I heard on a forum...
« on: October 31, 2005, 11:39:10 am »
I read this in another forum:

"Zsoft's does monitor the installation, but with one important restriction. Often times, Windows will need to reboot and make some system changes before the application can be run properly. Unfortunately when the computer reboots, Zsoft's Uninstaller just acts as though the program had previously crashed and does not save any previously-logged data. That makes this program unacceptable."

Is this true, or is this an old bug?

Also, if you didn't use ZSoft uninstaller which other product would you say is the next best thing?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Re: Something I heard on a forum...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 12:07:13 pm »
It's a "old" 'bug'...

New in 2.2.6:
The Installation Analyzer can now be stopped after the first analyze, program closed or whatever, and the be picked-up again later, and go directly to second analyze. This is useful if, for instance, Windows have to be restarted.

Also, if you didn't use ZSoft uninstaller which other product would you say is the next best thing?
I don't quite understand?

Seb

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 12:29:35 pm »
Just wondering what other uninstallers you think of as your closest competitor, e.g. TotalUninstall

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 03:37:09 pm »
Ahh..

Well, yeah, people tend to talk a lot about TotalUninstall when talking about analyzis and alot about MyUninstaller when talking about a add/remove replacement...