Author Topic: Uninstall analyzed program suggestion  (Read 6682 times)

Peter

Uninstall analyzed program suggestion
« on: November 14, 2006, 11:05:07 pm »
Hello! I have an idea - it would be a real improvement if You replaced the not-so-handy "Do you want to remove file" dialogue which pops up a gazillion times (unless the appropriate checkbox is checked) with a list of files/reg entries recorded during the installation - each entry with a checkbox beside it. So generally my idea is that the user would see a complete list of recorded entries and choose which of them to delete/leave (multiple shift/ctrl select functionality, sort by path and so on). It would be much more intuitive and comfortable for the user (we are deleting files/reg entries which can lead to system instability so let us see what we're doing).

Great software, thanks for your effort! Keep up the good work mate!

cheers
Peter

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Re: Uninstall analyzed program suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 03:52:13 pm »
Something like this has been suggested before - so it is already on my to-do-list, but I can't promise when it will be included...

itsme

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:25:17 pm »
Can I add a few requests to that list?  ;)

- Update the log if uninstalling was not complete (because files were in use, for example), so only the remaining items will be shown.
- Add an option to remove the log automatically after uninstalling succeeded. So without confirmation: remove the log and close the window.

BTW, why does the program want to connect to the internet every time it is started?

And thanks very much for the excellent program.

itsme

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 07:49:02 pm »
I forgot:
- a resizable "show recorded info" window.
- the possibility to ignore items in the registry based on words in the path names. It would be nice to be able to add all "streams, streamMRU, MRU, UserAssist" and other items that are (probably) related to windows that way, without having to enter each and every path.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 09:33:13 pm »
Can I add a few requests to that list?  ;)
Sure ;)

- Update the log if uninstalling was not complete (because files were in use, for example), so only the remaining items will be shown.
? Please elaborate...

BTW, why does the program want to connect to the Internet every time it is started?
I think it has something to do with the component I use for Internet-access (when checking for a new version), but I'm not quite sure... Also, (at least this is what my firewall tells me), it doesn't connect to the Internet, it 'only' makes a DNS-request thing...

Rest of feature requests added to the todo list... Can't promise when it will be done though ::)

itsme

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 03:19:48 pm »
After a partial uninstall the log file still shows every item, even the ones that were uninstalled\removed form the hard disk. It would be nice if the program would remove the those items from the log and leave only the items that were not yet removed.

Another thing, I never want to delete the log file after an unsuccessful (incomplete) uninstallation. Could you add an option so the program won't ask whether the log file should be removed in these cases?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 04:21:28 pm »
After a partial uninstall the log file still shows every item, even the ones that were uninstalled\removed form the hard disk. It would be nice if the program would remove the those items from the log and leave only the items that were not yet removed.
The items that is not removed is added to a "not-deleted" list --- the program then tries to delete it every time it is run until it is successful, so it is kind of already there... And I am generally against the program messing with the log-file - once it is created I believe it should stay intact (unless the user manually 'plays' with it...)

Edit: I have a interface for the "not-deleted" list on my todo-list

Another thing, I never want to delete the log file after an unsuccessful (incomplete) uninstallation. Could you add an option so the program won't ask whether the log file should be removed in these cases?
I'm kind of of the opinion that you should always have the choice...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:24:52 pm by Admin »

itsme

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 03:51:57 pm »
Where is "- a resizable "show recorded info" window" in the latest version?   ??? Notn there...  ;)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 09:11:44 pm »
In the "Analyzed Programs" tab, right click an item and choose "Show Recorded Info". that it is resizeable just means that you can change the size of it (you couldn't do that before)

itsme

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 09:10:51 am »
I stand corrected.  :-[