Author Topic: Files that can't be removed (even though they have been removed) - v2.3.3  (Read 4695 times)

Offline Brown Sugar

• View Profile
In some instances, I'll receive a message to the effect that Zsoft couldn't remove everything and will try again the next time I run uninstall.
However, when I do a sample search for files and strings, they've been deleted.  Obviously, I can't check every one.  Uninstall will give me the same message every time subsequent time I run it for that same uninstalled program.

Could it be that there were temp files analyzed by Zsoft that were subsequently cleaned by a program such as CCleaner, and Zsoft is still looking to delete them because they're still listed in the zulog file?

Would it be possible in future versions to summarize what files and strings the program thinks couldn't be deleted?

Administrator - you might also like to know the program is discussed very favorably in the CCleaner forums.
Others have mentioned this same problem:

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=8988

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
I quickly looked over the uninstall-routine, and it does check if the files exists before trying to remove them - and only adds files that exists and can't be removed to the 'try to delete again' list.

Try to open the "TryDelete.dat" file in the installation directory (if it exists - if it doesn't ZSoft Uninstaller has registered that the files are gone (for instance by removing them then next time you ran the program)).
If it exists, try to do a search for those specific files, and see if they are not actually still there...

Would it be possible in future versions to summarize what files and strings the program thinks couldn't be deleted?
Yes - a list over what files are not deleted (a 'visualization' of the "TryDelete.dat" file) is on my todo list :)

Administrator - you might also like to know the program is discussed very favorably in the CCleaner forums.
Weee, last time I read the CCleaner forum the program was bashed pretty heavily ;)