Author Topic: Couple questions about new version.  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Anthony A

• View Profile
Couple questions about new version.
« on: August 29, 2007, 05:43:41 AM »
I installed the new version today and it's nice.  I like the more detailed analyze logs. Now when you uninstall an analyzed program the report contains the added and removed reg entries instead of just files/folders.

I have selected to list the programs by time. It lists the programs in the order they were installed but doesn't show time or date. Is there a way to show this or add it in a future update?

When analyzing a program is it best to launch the newly installed program once and than do the after analyze with Zsoft or should you analyze immediately after install and not launch the program first?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
Re: Couple questions about new version.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:43:37 PM »
You can't (currently) show a column with the time of the install, and I'm torn about whether to include it or not - it could add clutter and it may not be exact (and, btw, it isn't necessarily the install time - it is the 'last edit' time... e.g. if you edit the first installed program via the show/edit info feature in ZU it will go to the top of the list!)

I think it is best to launch and close the program once before doing the after-install-scan...

Offline Anthony A

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 04:01:02 PM »
How about sorting by date than. Currently I use My Uninstaller as a replacement for Add/Remove programs and Zsoft for tracking and uninstalling. I use My Uninstaller because it lists the programs by install date if I want and it's been helpful when I needed to  look back at when a program was installed.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ZSoft Software
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 06:33:51 PM »
I'm not sure what My Uninstaller does, buy I'd guess that it does the same thing, because that's really easy, and more or less the only thing that *can* be done. From Windows 2000 (I believe, didn't bother looking it up at MSDN) the change-date (and only the change-date) was recorded for registry-entries. As such, it is very easy to get this information, compared to what it would take to find the actual install-date...

Update: Yup, it does the same thing...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:37:14 PM by Admin »