Author Topic: Oh dear, i seem to have removed pchealth  (Read 9230 times)

inselaffe

Oh dear, i seem to have removed pchealth
« on: September 01, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
May i first say that your program is a fantastic idea, and i look forward to using it :)

My problem stems from the fact that when i first ran it, i was browsing through the things that were installed and came across pchealth.
Being curious as to what this was, i double-clicked on it, only to be a bit shocked to find that this proceeded to uninstall the program :-[

Now, i know this is my fault, but does anyone know what pchealth was, and whether i need to get it back, and if so, how to do so? I imagine it is part of windows - i found something to do with windows help and support service and msinfo32 or something from searching online, but no real specific mentions to pchealth, so still inconclusive.

Another suggestion would be at least providing some confirmation of uninstall - a dialog that defaults to "no" for example. And perhaps the option of a backup of changes made :) I know this is my fault - but these changes would make occurances such as this a lot less of a threat.

Thanks for your time, and i look forward to using your program

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
Re: Oh dear, i seem to have removed pchealth
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:55:10 PM »
( ... ) but does anyone know what pchealth was, and whether i need to get it back, and if so, how to do so? ( ... )

Hi inselaffe,  you can do what is here:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rebuildhelp.htm

( .. ) Another suggestion would be at least providing some confirmation of uninstall - a dialog that defaults to "no" for example. ( ... )

Maybe a good idea, since some applications (their own unnistaller) don't ask anything and the uninstall process start without user choice - like PCHealth...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:09:06 PM by Majomo »

inselaffe

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 02:08:41 AM »
Ah thank you, it worked :)
Now i must be more careful!

Offline Majomo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 03:18:26 PM »
You're welcomed. Good to see you figure out the annoyance.

;)